Thursday, April 7, 2011

Melt

Hey guys, just checking in with you all real quick before my big adventure this weekend:
I'm going to Africa!
Maruécos (Morocco)
I'm really excited, but I don't know what to wear ... decisions, decisions.


That's about all I've got for this one. Haha. Oh and that it's freaky steamy here. I literally was soaked walking to and from class. The morning wasn't too bad (I ran a 10k!) but once the sun hits those streets it's awful. Over 95 today walking to class. And there's no breeze. I'm like a vampire running from shady side of the street to the other shady side of the street.


I was so hot today that I spent time contemplating the best metaphor.

What fries?
-An egg on pavement. But I'm much too sweaty and wet to be an egg.

What roasts?
-The tomatoes Manoli had in the oven the other day! But, this is too quick, and I don't combust into a squishy red mess under the Sevillana sun. It's a much slower, painful process...

Okay, what melts?
-Ice melts, but too quickly and too easily.
-Chocolate melts, but that's just gross. And so unpleasant! Have you ever been excited to eat a candy bar, open it up, and then realize that it's hard after melting? So sad.
-Ice cream melts. It's a slow process. Slow and sad. Oozing down the side of the cone one runaway streak at a time. When it finally drips onto the pavement, the sun scorches it into the pavement. The ice cream disappears into a path of dripped, baked, sweaty droplets on the sidewalk. Ice cream melts how I melt.

See you in Africa, Sun!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds pretty icky out, but at least it's pretty?

    Have a GREAT time in Africa!!

    ReplyDelete