Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Libertad!

Después de seis días con un virus del diablo, por fin me encuentro bien! A la ** con la dieta blanda blanda y la necesidad de dormir quince horas por día y correr al baño cada hora. Me siento bien, me siento bien, me siento bien!!

(After six days with a virus from hell, I finally feel better. To hell with the bland diet and the need to sleep fifteen hours a day and run to the bathroom every hour. I feel good x3!)

I was out with a violent virus since Thursday. But I tested it today when I went for a run. Got in 8km and didn't get sick or feel pooped. Finally I can go out and enjoy the sunshine/sit in my room and update my blog...




...Well I started writing this a few days ago--Wednesday, today's Saturday--but as soon as I wrote that last sentence I closed my laptop and went to the river. So we'll continue here like nothing happened.

Regarding the sign above, I snapped the photo while sitting on the pot in my program's school. Here's a quick glimpse into the intricate abyss that makes up my mind: If there is one word that any person in a foreign country should know, what word is that? I believe that word would be the word for the life source, ie. water: Agua = water. Anyone who knows Spanish, and most people that don't, know that agua means water. Out of all the words on that sign, if I were to translate one word to make it more comprehensible, that word would not be agua water.

By the way, the sign reads, "Forbidden to throw toilet paper down the toilet". Yes, many pipes here are so old you have to throw toilet paper in a waste basket. No, it's not as bad as it sounds.

So lately it's been in the 80s every day here. "Why did I sign up for this?" I wonder aloud. Oh, and believe me, the Spaniards have no shame in reminding me that this is glorious weather, simply glorious. I clearly do not know what real calor is. I sleep scantily clothed and it's only April 2.

God, where did March go?! It's already April 2nd. For those of you who know me personally or have been victim to my previous April Fools endeavors, you will be delighted/outraged/thoroughly surprised that I went all day yesterday without even realizing that it was April 1st. All day until Javier reminded me that it was April. I didn't get to play any jokes! Not that it would make sense here, or that I could get away with it being such an adult and all. They do have a similar day, December 28 I think, but I won't be here for it. Now I'll have to spend an entire year planning next year's jokes seeing as it'll have to be twice as clever.

Travel updates:
LISBON WITH MY MOM













JEREZ de la FRONTERA


















Currently working on a post for each. The trips were so special they each get their own space.



No comments:

Post a Comment