Monday, February 7, 2011

Bleh

Here's that swing I was talking about. Yesterday I'm in love, today I have an I hate Spain list. Let me vent; I'll feel better about life after I get some sleep.

Things I Hate About Spain Today:
  1. People let their dogs and children poop/pee in the streets. Nothing is cleaned up.
  2. Everyone and their mother smokes here. All. The. Time.
  3. Spanish professors that yell at you for not having done the homework for your first day of class. Side Note: We have had no access to a syllabus and she doesn't know where we can find it, but we better before Wednesday because our next assignment is due.
  4. No grass. I just want to take a nap in the sun in the grass.
  5. Cold showers and no central heating. IE taking an ice cold shower and then huddling in front of a space heater for 45 minutes because its 50F in your house.
  6. STOP STARING AT ME. If I dress up you stare and catcall. If I wear my gym clothes because I went to the gym, you look at me like I'm an alien. Lay off.
  7. Sports bras costing 34.5 euro. One hot pink women's running shorts, size XXS. Extent of women's running apparel.
  8. Fried, refried, and triple fried food. Floating salads.
  9. Having to be rude in order to get anyone to listen. Yes I'm American. I've asked nicely three times. Now I ask rudely. I am such a stereotype.
  10. Understanding what you're being told then being completely incapable of expressing yourself in response.
  11. Botched travel plans. I have a round trip ticket to Valencia; my travel partner thought I bought our tickets together. There are no longer tickets available for that weekend.
  12. Being fat and not having the willpower to change it. Yes, I go to the gym everyday. Yes, I still eat enough to be a lard.
Things I Love About Spain Today:
  1. My Bed.
  2. My Space Heater on super high 6" from my back.
  3. Skype.
  4. & a boyfriend that loves me even when I'm a total pain. Javier Ortiz, you're the best, even when I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment