Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Rough Start to a Great Weekend

First off, a big shout out to St. Charles, IL. We're famous in Spain!


Day by day of my weekend.
All pictures are from Saturday.

Thursday evening:
(Not evening, but it made my day): In elevator at 810am, a little boy with a blonde bull cut and glasses hugs me, looks up into my eyes smiling, and says, 'Ya me conoces'-->now you know me! Adorable kid.
Class until 630: Met a friend after class to hang out, go shopping, talk about our weekend trip to Valencia.

8pm: Her wallet is stolen from her purse. There's around a two minute span of time between her using it and recognizing that it's gone. So terrible, retraced our steps, finally accepted it was stolen, called the police, filed a report. I walked home with her to talk with her senora. The senora is AWFUL, poor Kelsey. Luckily I speak Spanish pretty well and could defend Kelsey. Thankfully her passport was at home. Cancelled all cards, notified banks, insurance, etc. Last to call was parents.
1130pm: Go for a walk. As terrible as the night may sound, it ended up by a good bonding experience for us. Walked all through the city-her without a purse-and talked down by the river until 230am.

Friday:
Wake up, motivate...no motivation. Lunch with Manoli, my senora. Love her.

330pm: Head out with Kelsey to sign the report. Walk a very long way to the Northern part of Sevilla. No tourists here. The police station was located in a very hippie plaza; I hope we get to go back and check out some restaurants there.

Met some interesting people at the station. Older German woman who spoke to us in Spanish and laughed at us trying to pronounce German city names, such as Fussen and Munich. Very good-hearted lady who unfortunately had her passport stolen. Also met a Colombian man and his wife and six year old child. Thank god for Colombians-they speak so slowly! Taught the little girl "High five, up high, down low, too slow!" and the game in which you hover your hands over your partners and they try to slap you. The little girl loved them.
630pm: Head back, go to gym. I like working out; it's a good routine and sweating helps keep me sane.
I forget the rest of the night, but I stayed in and watched True Grit online. Awesome movie!

Saturday:
Wake up, work out! Lifted weights but no running. Did the bike for cardio.
Came home, showered, eat lunch.

Went for cafe with my friend Liz, but it was too nice out for a cafe. Bought Fanta Limon sodas at the Chino Shop and walked down to the river to sip our sodas. Laughed. Smiled. Enjoyed the sunshine. The river is hopping! That's where most of the locals hang out apparently, playing the guitar, botellon-ing, and kicking a soccer ball. Catepillars, sun, and bare feet in February? Okay, I'll take it.


Met back up with Kelsey; the three of us went shopping. Bought a cute sweater-my first purchase in Spain, yay.
Home, dinner, make up, and out with friends again!
1150: arrive at THE BEST ice cream in Sevilla. Seriously, if you ever go to Sevilla, try Rayas ice cream on c/ Reyes Catolicos. Devine. I had queso con fresitas (basically strawberry cheesecake icecream) and thought I went to heaven. Later we all went out for Tinta Verano (Red wine with Fanta Limon) and a cool bar without Americans. Heck yes for exploring!


Sunday:
Sleep in. Like, really sleep in. Woke up at 1pm, hice pipis, and then went back to bed for an hour before lunch. Took a walk right after the rain storm-one of my favorite things to do. So fresh outside! Went home, messed around on the computer, did homework, talked to Javier, ate dinner, now I'm blogging. Haven't changed out of my pjs yet, but it's now 1130 and I don't believe I will!
Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment