Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sigue

Things I Love About Spain Today:
  1. Postcard worthy views.
  2. Crossing the bridge at sunrise, with the sun lighting up the Catedral & Plaza de Espana.
  3. A wonderful host mom, Manoli. Always ready to laugh, explain, and feed me.
  4. Making Spanish friends!! Good-hearted ones who enjoy my game of charades when I try to explain myself.
  5. Awesome, passionate professors and small, intimate classes.
  6. Starting horseback riding lessons-tonight-AHHH
  7. Kebab turco: It's kind of like a taco: thick tortilla, amazing spices on beef, lettuce, mayonnaise, wrapped in chipotle style aluminum foil, and eaten para llevar (to go!)
  8. Siesta. Even though almost no Spaniards sleep during the siesta, I am about to take advantage of it now.
  9. Language bloopers.
  10. Opportunities to travel. Off to Valencia for the weekend-Paella!
  11. Germans coming up to me and speaking to me in German. Then having to explain in my extremely limited German that I don't speak German. Then switching to English, then Spanish.
  12. Plazas and people watching.
  13. Tomando cafe. Best tradition ever-the coffee is fantastic here.
  14. All the little children dressed to the nines-they have a better wardrobe than me but I can't hate them because they are so adorable in their little outfits!
  15. Being able to wear my horseback riding breeches as a fashion statement. haha

1 comment:

  1. Re #11 - too funny, that happens to me when I travel also! Thank you Heinz . . . XXXOOO Aunt Valorie

    ReplyDelete