Monday, February 14, 2011

¡Feliz día de San Valentín!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
After waking up at 745-ugh, having class, hitting up the gym for a long run, going back to class, walking home in the rain,
I was ready to snuggle up in bed with some Adele y mi amor español:

Nutella & Banana on Toast

Thank you, Spain, for filling me with such great love.



I'm having a good day. I have a paper to write, but I received an awesome eCard from my family at home. Thanks guys! The rain was light and misty, and it was 15C - perfect walking weather, for me anyways. I have a couple of friends here from Oregon; they're currently convincing me that I am destined for the Pacific Northwest. Say "mountains, forest, and cool weather" and I'm convinced.


For those of you interested in my horsey life, here's an update:

I enjoyed my first lesson at La Falsa Rienda, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I had to pay for a month's worth of lessons, so I'm set through February, but I'm searching for another barn. A horse is a horse, and I'm grateful to be on one. But if I'm going to pay for lessons, I want to learn something. This was a big group lesson and we all worked in a line the whole time, doing figures. I enjoyed it and they were shocked the "donkey" of the group looked like a dressage horse lol. They invited me to compete with the barn's team and ride in Feria (dream!). Still, we'll see where I end up.

I have an appointment with another barn this Friday. Cold calling Spanish trainers is a little nerve-wracking, but at this point I just go for it. It's much harder to understand via movil but that's okay. The trainer I spoke with is legit! I actually watched his YouTube videos in the States to practice listening to Spanish. Sent the uploader a message on a whim and he ended up being close to Sevilla. The uploader, Luiche, takes lessons from the trainer and put me into contact with him. I hope it pans out well because this trainer is very good. Very good.
I'll update you soon!

Have a great day!
Besos y abrozotes para todos!!


No comments:

Post a Comment